College of Medicine
The Medical Alumi Association is the organization for the UAMS College of Medicine serving all alumni, former house officers, current and former faculty, all physicians practicing in Arkansas and friends of the college.
Our Association is Built on these Core Values
- We provide prompt, accurate and friendly service to our alumni. Integrity is non-negotiable.
- We are inclusive because we serve everyone.
- We seek partnership with the COM and its departments.
- We strive for excellence in all that we do.
Programs and Services Supported by your Medical Alumni Association
- Provide $300,000 in scholarships through endowments and the general scholarship fund
- Provide breakfast at College of Medicine Family Weekend
- Coordinate College of Medicine Phonathon
- Class funds provide support for:
- Medical Ethics and Medical Humanities (Classes of 1944 May and December)
- White Coat Cermony (Class of 1951)
- Student Research Day (Class of 1955)
- Gross Anatomy Lab (Class of 1960)
- Clinical Skills Center (Classes of 1966 and 1967)
- Emergency Funds for Students in Crisis (Class of 1972)
- Annually host Alumni Weekend for about 1,000 alumni
- Make available class rosters online
- Send bi-annual newsletter to all members
- Present Dean’s Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Present Dean’s Distinguished Alumni Service Award
- Respond daily to individual requests by letter or telephone
- Work with alumni agents and families to secure scholarship funding
- Manage Dean’s and Founders Societies
- Recognize and thank donors annually
For College of Medicine Faculty and Programs
- Assist department chairs in buillding house officers’ alumni program
- Solicit funds for programs and acknowledge gifts
- Participate in editorial content in College of Medicine publications