Breast Cancer Challenge 2013 Course Info
This conference is intended for both Primary Care and Specialty Physicians (Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Orthopaedics, Oncology, Pathology, Radiology, Radiation Oncology, Surgery). Content is also relevant to PAs, APNs, nurses, and basic scientists.
The Learner will be able to:
1) Identify appropriate strategies for screening patients at risk for breast cancer.
2) Discuss the use of molecular markers in determining treatment plans for breast cancer patients.
3) Recognize instances when the use of neoadjuvant chemotherapy is indicated, and incorporate such therapy into a treatment plan.
4) Adjust treatment plan for breast cancer patients with obesity as a co-morbidity from a variety of clinical perspectives.
5) Develop specialized treatment plans for breast cancer patients who are classified as high-risk.