OFFICE OF FACULTY AFFAIRS
Jeannette M. Shorey II, M.D.
Associate Dean, Continuing Medical Education and Faculty Affairs
Professor of Internal Medicine
Faculty Affairs Staff
Emily Freeman, MHSA, Director
Kerstine Wanas, MHA, Faculty Appointments Manager
Brenda Burks, MA, Event and Business Coordinator
Jami Jones, Faculty Affairs Coordinator
We do not provide credentialing or privileging information or verification. Contact the Professional Staff Office at 501-526-4249 with credentialing, privileging or verification inquiries. For verification of faculty appointment please call the Office of Faculty Affairs at 501-526-4661 or submit your requests via fax at 501-526-4683.
Calendar of Events
OFA Upcoming Events
|The Nuts and Bolts of Compiling a Good Promotion and Tenure Packet||May 23, 2013||12-1 p.m.|
|Basic Scientist Workshop||May 28, 2013||12-1 p.m.|
|COM Faculty Meeting||June 11, 2013||5 p.m.|
|Promotion and Tenure Request Deadline:|
Electronic P&T packets must be submitted via the online P&T Database by 4:30 p.m. today.
|October 7, 2013||4:30 p.m.|
To RSVP or for more information on these events, please contact Brenda Burks at 501-526-4685.
Missed an event? Click here for more information.
- 2013 Red & Gold Sash Winners
- Promotion & Tenure Workshop Digital Recordings available here.
- Requests for Promotion and Tenure must be submitted by October 7, 2013 at 4:30pm. This is a firm deadline. Your packet must be submitted through the electronic system at https://PromotionTenure.uams.edu. (Please note: Beginning this year, submission of paper packets are no longer required)
- Promotion and Tenure Pathway Specific Workshops coming soon in May! Click here for more information.
- Who’s new in the College of Medicine Faculty? Check out our New Faculty Spotlight!
- Looking for the new chair and faculty evaluations? Click here.
POST DOC MENTORS NEEDED!
The WFDC Research Subcommittee is looking for faculty members who are interested in mentoring a postdoctoral fellow on campus, to provide advice in addition to the support the postdoc receives from his/her primary advisor(s). Such a program that connected postdocs with faculty members has existed before, and with the help of the Postdoctoral Society we would like to reinstate the program. Previously, postdocs seemed to have a need for advice regarding career choices, setting and meeting goals, and communication skills. Based on personal preference, advice may be given one-on-one, or faculty members may form mentoring teams to serve the needs of particular post-docs. We ask that mentors have once been a postdoc, and preferably have an active research program. This is a great opportunity for junior faculty members to serve as mentor. Please email Emily Freeman at ESFreeman@uams.edu.
Office of Faculty Affairs
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
4301 W. Markham # 849
Little Rock, AR 72205
Office Space: Central Building, Room 4D40
Main Number: 501.526.4661
This website is maintained by the Office of Faculty Affairs
Suggestions? Please contact Jami Jones at 501-526-4661