Diamond Course Information
Objectives for Diamond Conference 2014
- Identify the indications, potential risks, and benefits of using nitric oxide in pediatric patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome.
- Discuss the role of PAP in treating children with obstructive sleep apnea.
- Describe current use of aerosol delivery devices in spontaneously breathing tracheostomized pediatric patients.
- Discuss and evaluate expected safety behaviors to improve patient safety.
- Examine reasons for loss of asthma control and new therapies in development to manage severe and uncontrolled asthma.
- Identify indications and diagnostic role of exercise testing in a patient with known or suspected cardiopulmonary disease
Objectives for lunch session:
- Describe the use of equipment and procedures in the home versus hospital practice.
- Discuss Medicare Respiratory Therapist Access Act AARC and its potential impact on respiratory care practitioners.
- Identify causes of dysphagia, diagnostic modalities and management of dysphagia to prevent airway complications.
- Discuss research topics presented by ACH staff.