Neurology Update 2014 Learning Objectives
The learner will be able to:
- Differentiate between epileptic and non-epileptic seizures and subsequently determine the appropriate therapeutic response.
- Compare and contrast the use of various drug therapies and lifestyle/behavioral interventions to manage epilepsy.
- Discuss strategies for prevention of stroke and transient ischemic attack (TIA), and review criteria for recognizing and diagnosing the conditions in patients.
- Create treatment plans for stroke patients that incorporate the most recent evidence-based standard of care recommendations.
- Outline current evidence-based guidelines for management of headache.
- Describe the most current guidelines for diagnosis and strategies for treatment of Parkinson’s disease, including drug therapies and deep brain stimulation.
- Review guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of multiple sclerosis.
- Identify strategies for the treatment of neuropathy in a variety of clinical scenarios.
- Discuss the most up-to-date use of evidence-based drug therapies to treat dementia patients.