ER Boot Camp
ER Boot Camp: A Hands-on Simulation Learning Session
March 8, 2013 1:00-4:30 p.m. Arlington Hotel, Hot Springs, AR
New this year!! This workshop is available to those attending the Symposium on Critical Care and Emergency Medicine as well as individuals who only want to attend the ER Boot Camp.
Registration is required and there are only 40 seats available for this exciting workshop! REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
Participants of this activity will interact with scenarios and simulators in this special hands-on workshop presentation designed to teach or refresh skills. Scenarios will include:
- Ultrasound-guided CVL
- Airway management
- Abnormal births
- Knee/shoulder injections
- ACLS scenarios
- Pediatric Critical Care scenarios
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) College of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The UAMS College of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Target Audience: health care providers involved in the care of patients in clinical practice, emergency departments and those in acute and critical care settings. This includes family practitioners, emergency physicians, general internists, residents, physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists and other healthcare professionals.
- Demonstrate the placement of an ultrasound-guided central venous line.
- Apply standard procedures to manage a difficult airway.
- Utilize appropriate technique in suturing.
- Demonstrate aptitude in managing an abnormal birth scenario.
- Apply ability in administering knee and shoulder injections.
- Employ up to date ACLS scenarios.
- Adapt approaches in addressing pediatric and infant critical care scenarios.