Ebola Educational Materials
Regarding the current Ebola emergency, the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) are providing the following resources and references from the American Hospital Association (AHA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Informational PowerPoint: Ebola Facts
- FAQ: Safe Management of Patients with Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in US Hospitals
- CDC Information for Healthcare Workers and Settings
- AHA Ebola Preparedness Resources
The American Hospital Association (AHA) has provided additional educational materials for CME providers to use. The AHA believes these material would be useful to healthcare providers and institutions right now.
- Ebola Facts: Hospital Preparedness Checklist (October 15, 2014)
- Ebola Facts: Surgical Protocol—Possible or Confirmed Ebola Cases (October 16, 2014)
- Ebola Practice Evidence Classification Chart (October 20, 2014)
- Ebola Facts: Clinical Progression of Ebola (October 20, 2014)
- Ebola Facts: Revised Guidance on PPE for Healthcare Workers; Recommended Administrative and Environmental Controls for Healthcare Facilities (October 21, 2014)
- Ebola Facts: Identify, Isolate, Inform: ED Evaluation and Management (October 28, 2014)
- Table: Summary of CDC Interim Guidance for Monitoring and Movement of People Exposed to Ebola Virus (October 28, 2014)
Please note: These materials are current as of the dates noted. Users should consult the Centers for Disease Control (CDC ) or other cited sources on the day they access this information to get the most current information or version that may now be available. If you have specific questions about the information and recommendations contained in the attached material, we ask that you immediately contact the CDC or your local public health authority or infection control officer for the information you seek.The educational materials and more information about how you might use them are available on our Ebola Education Web page.