The intellectual dimension of wellness encourages creative, stimulating mental activities. An intellectually well person uses the resources available to expand one’s knowledge, improve one’s skills, and create potential for sharing with others. They are also organized and structured in their efforts toward creative intellectual pursuits.
Intellectual Wellness is having a curiosity and strong desire to learn. It is valuing many experiences, staying stimulated with new ideas, and sharing ideas. It is the ability to engage in clear thinking and recall, and to think independently, creatively and critically.
- Take a course or workshop in something outside your area
- Subscribe to an interesting journal or newsletter — you’ll get a regular dose of intellectual information
- Read for fun
- Learn to appreciate art — attend exhibits, plays, musicals, and poetry readings
- Explore different ways to use spare time
- Learn ways to organize your work and personal life for more efficiency and improve quality of life
- De-clutter your office and home environment
10 ways to de-clutter your home
Ways to de-clutter your office: