Physical Wellness involves aspects of life that are necessary to keep yourself physically healthy. it can include a variety of health-related behaviors such as not smoking, being physically active, healthy eating, taking medication as directed and taking personal responsibility for your health care by getting assessment and treatment in a timely manner. (definition adapted from: http://wellness.ucr.edu )
Are you engaged in the process of physical wellness?
Do I know important health numbers, like my cholesterol, weight, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels?
Do I get annual physical exams and attend specialty appointments regularly?
Do I avoid using tobacco products or drink more than 2 glasses daily?
Do I get sufficient amount of sleep?
Do I have an established exercise routine?
ON CAMPUS RESOURCES
- UAMS Fitness Center
- ACH Fitness Center (web access on campus or VPN only)
- Physical Wellness-Sleep Presentation (PDF)
- UAMS Therapy and Fitness Programs
- Flu Vaccines
- Blood Pressure
- Obesity Solutions Center
- Smoking Cessation
- UAMS Water Wellness Program (Swimming Program)
- The Ottenheimer Therapy and Fitness Center, located in the UAMS Reynolds Institute on Aging (Ages 50+)
- UAMS Sleep Disorders Center
- Kick the Nic (UAMS-Smoking Cessation Program, Free Chantix)
- Maternity Management
- Nutritional Counseling and Weight Management Program
- DASH Diet (lower your blood pressure)
- Diabetes Program (Free Glucometer)
- Healthy Heart Program (free meds and blood pressure monitor)
- LR Athletic Club (Faculty Discount)
- LR Racquetball Club (Faculty Discount)
- NLR Athletic Club (Faculty Discount)
- Faculty, Staff and Student Nutrition Guide
- The Benefits of Physical Activity
- Exercise and Weight Control
- 20 Exercise Tips
- International Journal of Clinical Practice
- Women Run Arkansas-Free Running Program for Women
- Sleep deprivation and physician performance: Why should I care?
- Physical Wellness
- Insight Journal: Physical Wellness
- Dimensions of Wellness: Physical Wellness
- Flu Vaccinations
- Sleep Wellness: Tips for a Good Night’s Sleep
- Exercise: 7 Benefits of Regular Physical Activity
- Fitness & Exercise
- How Exercise Works at the Cellular Level
- Exercise and Physical Activity in the Prevention and Treatment of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease
- How to Succeed? Get More Sleep by Arianna Huffington
We value your opinion, please take a moment to complete this survey about the Faculty Wellness Program Website.
For questions related to the website or website content, please contact Dr. Wendy Ward at 501-364-3537.