Social wellness is having positive interactions with and enjoying being with others. It is having comfort and ease during work and leisure situations and communicating feelings and needs to others. It involves developing and building close friendships and intimacy, practicing empathy and effective listening, caring for others and for the common good, and allowing others to care for you. It is recognizing the need for leisure and recreation and budgeting time for those activities
Are you engaged in the process of social wellness?
- Do I plan time to be with my family and friends?
- Do I enjoy the time I spend with others?
- Do I have positive relationships in the workplace?
- Are my relationships with others positive and rewarding?
- Do I ask for support when I need it?
- Do I give to the greater good/community?
- Social Wellness Presentation (PDF)
- Work/Life Balance
- Social Wellness
- Relationships Between Social Support and Physical Health
- Social Wellness: Everyone Needs a Battle Buddy/Wingman
- Social Wellness Presentation