Here are some resources that we introduce our students to as part of our LGBTQ curriculum.
(Click on the links to see the articles. These were written or co-written by our own faculty.)
- Knight D, Jarrett D. Preventive health care in men who have sex with men. Am Fam Physician. 2015 June 15;91(12):844-851.
- Knight D, Jarrett D. Preventive health care for women who have sex with women. Am Fam Physician. 2017 Mar 1;95(5):314-321.
- George M, McLawhorn JM, Azhar G, Jarrett D, Knight D. Advance care planning in same-sex couples. Case Rep Intern Med. 2018; 5(1):26-29.
- SAMHSA LGBT Resources
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA; includes a directory of LGBT-friendly providers)
- GLMA Guidelines for Care of LGBT Patients
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health
- Understanding LGBTQ Health Issues (AMA)
- Healthy People 2020: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health
- Fenway Health National LGBT Health Education Center (includes a toll-free LGBT Helpline for patients)
- Human Rights Campaign (working for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equal Rights)
- PFLAG (Parents, Families, Friends, and Allies United with LGBTQ People)
- Lucie’s Place (for homeless LGBTQ young adults)
- Arkansas Transgender Equality Coalition
Behavioral Health Resources
LGBTQ+ Suicide Prevention (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention)