Here are some resources that we introduce our students to as part of our LGBTQ curriculum.
(Click on the links to see the articles. These were written or co-written by our own faculty.)
- Knight D, Jarrett D. Preventive health care in men who have sex with men. Am Fam Physician. 2015 June 15;91(12):844-851.
- Knight D, Jarrett D. Preventive health care for women who have sex with women. Am Fam Physician. 2017 Mar 1;95(5):314-321.
- George M, McLawhorn JM, Azhar G, Jarrett D, Knight D. Advance care planning in same-sex couples. Case Rep Intern Med. 2018; 5(1):26-29.
- Neill K, Allison MK, Jarrett DM, George M, Knight D, Ward W. Designing an interprofessional Facebook discussion group to teach about LGBTQ healthcare disparities and inclusive practices. Health Educ J. 2021 Aug;80(5):567-583. doi: 10.1177/0017896921993846
- SAMHSA LGBT Resources
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA; includes a directory of LGBT-friendly providers)
- GLMA Guidelines for Care of LGBT Patients
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health
- Understanding LGBTQ Health Issues (AMA)
- Healthy People 2020: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health
- Fenway Health National LGBT Health Education Center (includes a toll-free LGBT Helpline for patients)
- Human Rights Campaign (working for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equal Rights)
- PFLAG (Parents, Families, Friends, and Allies United with LGBTQ People)
- Lucie’s Place (for homeless LGBTQ young adults)
- Arkansas Transgender Equality Coalition
Behavioral Health Resources
LGBTQ+ Suicide Prevention (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention)