The UAMS College of Medicine Graduate Medical Education Office is seeking nominations for the Residency Educator Award for Program Directors. The submission deadline for this award is Friday, March 18, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Central. The Residency Educator Award for Program Directors will be awarded in the amount of $3,500 to an individual that demonstrates significant contributions to the graduate medical education community.
(must be met at the time of nomination submission)
- The individual is a current program director for a residency or fellowship program with a status of Continued Accreditation.
- The individual has at least three years of experiences a current program director (cumulative experience as a program director, not just the current program).
- Nominee should not have been a recipient of this award in the past 5 years.
Criteria for Selection
- meet eligibility requirements
- demonstrate significant contributions to the graduate medical education community and proven excellence in the following areas:
- leadership skills at departmental or institutional levels
- development of an effective learning environment based on the ACGME Core Competencies
- program innovation through curriculum development and/or teaching
- demonstrating strong role model and mentorship skills
- faculty development related to graduate medical education
Three components are required for nomination:
- A completed online nomination form.
- Signed letters of support (each letter is limited to 500 words or less).
- A current curriculum vitae.
About the Letters of Support
- The letters must state the reasons for the nominee’s selection and provide concrete examples of how the nominee fulfills demonstrates excellence in one or more of the criteria outlined above, including significant contributions to graduate medical education.
- Letters should be addressed to the Selection Committee.
- Comments from a group, (faculty members, residents, etc.) should be compiled into one group letter.
- Required Letters of Support: Department Chair and Current Resident
- No more than three letters of support for each nominee will be accepted.