GME Housestaff Virtual Orientation
UAMS Hospital Virtual Orientation
Each of you will be assigned a time to come on campus and complete face-to-face tasks. Your program coordinator will notify you of your scheduled time. Below are a couple of important things to know when coming on campus:
- You will be required to wear a cloth mask when entering campus. Please bring a mask with you.
- Until you receive your badge and parking decal, you will park at one of the two free employee parking lots: War Memorial or Ray Winder. These parking lots are shown in blue on the map. Shuttle buses are available at both locations to transport you to the main campus. The UAMS shuttle site can tell you when to expect the next shuttle: http://uamsbus.com/default.aspx. Exit the shuttle at the Education Building/Library.
- A member of the GME team will meet you at the entrance screening station to greet and escort you. Look for the GME poster!
Tasks to be completed:
- UAMS badge photo
- I-9 completion – make sure to you bring your approved documents to complete the I-9.
- Benefits approval
- Employee health screening
- Enrollment in the Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS) system
- Respirator fit testing – make sure the below trainings are completed in My Compass:
- CO N95 Respirator Safety Training
- Max Air (CAPR) – Powered Air Purifying Respirator Training
Males must be clean-shaven to be fit tested. A mustache and goatee is allowed as long as it does not go under the chin to the neck. No hair is allowed on the cheeks or under the chin to the neck.
- Parking decal: Please complete the UAMS Housestaff Parking Application before June 30.