The mission of the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Division for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is to intentionally advance and leverage diversity, equity and inclusion to drive UAMS’ mission and the 2029 Strategic Plan to improve the health, health care and wellbeing of Arkansans and of others in the region, nation and world.
View our Annual Report.
The UAMS Department of Pathology is committed to a culture of inclusivity in which our differences are valued and respected. Our collegial respectful work environment promotes UAMS core values of excellence, integrity, and teamwork. We celebrate our diversity and know the value in unique perspectives and backgrounds, but recognize and seek opportunities to do more in our pursuit for diversity, equity, and inclusion across our mission areas.
Jennifer Laudadio, M.D., Chair
- Forbes Magazine ranked UAMS 7th in the nation on its Best Employers for Diversity list
- UAMS ranked in top 30 nationwide on Forbes’ Best Employer for Women list
- Readers of the Arkansas Democrat–Gazette voted UAMS as the “Best Company to Work For” among employers with more than 250 employees
- Insight into Diversity magazine selected UAMS for its Health Professions Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award for our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and they also honored us with a Diversity Champion recognition.
- Readers of Arkansas Money and Politics voted UAMS as the best in three categories: Diverse Workplace, Health Care Provider, and Hospital.