The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) and Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) in Little Rock, Arkansas are seeking a full-time pediatric infectious disease specialist to serve as Division Vice-Chief in an expanding hospital-based academic practice with a reputation for collegiality, diversity, dedication to exceptional patient care, research and education.
- The ideal applicant is interested in treating pediatric infectious disease patients in inpatient and outpatient settings and contributing to the division’s research, education and antimicrobial stewardship goals.
- Arkansas Children’s (AC) is a leading tertiary care center for infectious disease in the region and has nationally-recognized clinical and transplant research programs. The Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases is growing across the AC system, including ACH in Little Rock and ACNW in Northwest Arkansas.
- Ample opportunity to participate in and create collaborative multidisciplinary clinics including both syndrome-focused and general infectious disease clinics, as well as participation in the pediatric infectious disease inpatient consult service.
- The Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases leads and supports several clinical research studies and involvement in educating medical students, residents, and fellows. The Division is also actively developing future leaders in academic health centers, sponsoring advanced degrees, leadership opportunities, and leadership training for all faculty in the Division.
- Engagement with the Arkansas Children’s Research Institute, UAMS adult infectious disease division and Translational Research Institute, and Arkansas Children’s Antimicrobial Stewardship Program provides a rich environment for collaboration and discovery.
- Innovative research, clinical, educational, and other programs are financially supported by the generous Horace C. Cabe Distinguished Chair in Infectious Disease, in addition to AC system and Departmental support.
- Faculty appointment through UAMS College of Medicine at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. Competitive salary and benefits package along with robust faculty mentoring program and multiple available tracks for promotion and/or tenure with P & T eligibility after 5th year.
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Partnership with established team to create exceptional work-life balance.
- Division faculty includes seven physicians, one advanced practice provider, two basic science faculty, and three specialty nurses in addition to clinical support staff.
Practice is based at Arkansas Children’s Hospital
The Arkansas Children’s System includes two hospitals, a statewide care network of clinics and outreach programs, a research institute and a foundation. ACH is the only pediatric health system in the state of Arkansas, providing coverage to the state’s children from birth to age 21. The hospital staff consists of mor ethan 500 faculty, 200 residents and 4,400 support staff.Learn More About Arkansas Children’s
Meet Little Rock
The capital city of Arkansas is a bustling, vibrant and charming city situated along the bank of the Arkansas River. At the geographic center of the state, Little Rock rests at the crossroads of the South and the Mid-West, combining the best elements into a greater whole.Explore Little Rock