Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) and the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) in Little Rock, Arkansas seek a full-time Clinical Geneticist to join as a faculty member in an academic hospital-based pediatric genetics practice.
- Seeking a full-time Geneticist to join a dedicated team of four physicians (including two metabolic geneticists), four genetic counselors, one genetic counseling assistant, one specialty nurse, two metabolic nutritionists, and a dedicated insurance analyst.
- Partner with an established team to create exceptional work-life balance.
- Candidate must be BC/BE by the American Board of Medical Genetics.
- Faculty appointment through UAMS College of Medicine.
- Competitive salary and benefits package along with robust faculty mentoring program and multiple tracks available for promotion and/or tenure including Clinical Educator and Clinician-Scientist with P & T eligibility after the 5th year.
- Primary focus on pediatric clinical care and inpatient consults. Opportunity to provide adult care if desired.
- Ample opportunity to participate in and create collaborative multidisciplinary clinics.
- Pediatric Genetic service receives approximately 1500 patient referrals per year.
- Active involvement in educating medical students, residents and genetic counseling students with additional opportunities for leadership, educational outreach, and clinical research.
- A supportive environment for clinical research and innovation, including the support of a comprehensive research institute on-site.
Practice is based at Arkansas Children’s Hospital
The Arkansas Children’s System includes two hospitals, a statewide care network of clinics and outreach programs, a research institute and a foundation. ACH is the only pediatric health system in the state of Arkansas, providing coverage to the state’s children from birth to age 21. The hospital staff consists of mor ethan 500 faculty, 200 residents and 4,400 support staff.Learn More About Arkansas Children’s
Meet Little Rock
The capital city of Arkansas is a bustling, vibrant and charming city situated along the bank of the Arkansas River. At the geographic center of the state, Little Rock rests at the crossroads of the South and the Mid-West, combining the best elements into a greater whole.Explore Little Rock