Education and Training
- B.S. Physics / Applied Mathematics, Weber State College, Ogden Utah, Magna cum Laude
- Ph.D. Nuclear Physics, Brigham Young University, Provo Utah
- Radiation Therapy Treatment Planning Optimization
- Biological Cost Functions
- Monte Carlo Transport
- Parallel-Processing Applications in Radiation Therapy
- HDR (High Dose Rate) Treatment Planning and Delivery
- Sterotactic radiosurgery (SRS) and stereotactic radiation therapy (SRT)
- Optimized Treatment Planning Systems
- Advanced Treatment Techniques
- Liang, J. Penagaricano, D. Zheng, S. Morrill, X. Zhang, P. Corry, R.J. Griffin, E.Y. Han, M. Hardee, V. Raranatherathorn, Radiobiological impact of dose calculation algorithms on biologically optimized IMRT stereotactic body radiation therapy plans, Radiat Oncol, 11(1):10, 2016.
- Zhang, J. Penagaricano, Y Yan, X. Liang, S. Morrill, P. Corry, V. Ratanatharathorn, Initial Clinical Experience of Spatially Fractionated Radiotherapy (GRID) using Helical Tomotherapy. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, 2015.
- Bayouth JE, Wendt D, Morrill SM: MLC Quality Assurance Techniques for IMRT Applications, Medical Physics 30(5):743-750, 2003.
- Morrill SM, Lane RG, Rosen II: Constrained Simulated Annealing for Optimized Radiation Therapy Treatment Planning. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine 33:135-144; 1990.
- Morrill SM, Rosen II, Lane, RG, Belli JA: The Influence of Dose Constraint Point Placement on Optimized Radiation Therapy Treatment Planning. International Journal Radiation Oncology Biology Physics 33:129-141; 1990.