Voucher Program for Research in AI
CHAI supports a diverse and integrative AI research environment at UAMS. Our voucher program provides funding for artificial intelligence (AI) or machine learning (ML) research in biomedicine or health. Successful applicants will propose projects that are collaborative and interdisciplinary.
We will provide the seed. You will pursue the end goal of ensuring the project’s future with intramural funding.
- Who: UAMS faculty from any department may apply. Collaborators may include those from UAMS or other University of Arkansas System campuses and/or outside entities.
- What: Seed funding for interdisciplinary research involving artificial intelligence (AI) or machine learning (ML) applications to biomedicine or health
- When: Applications will open soon.
- How: Online Application coming soon.
Examples of potential targets for funding include, but are not limited to:
- Access to datasets
- Building, labeling or otherwise curating existing datasets
- Data analysis
- Access to AI/ML-specific tools or training materials beyond what is available at UAMS
- Laboratory consumables
- Scanning slides or otherwise converting raw data into usable data for AI or ML
- Project-specific devices such as motion-trackers, cameras, eye-motion technology, pattern-recognition technology, augmented reality devices, wearables, etc., or other hardware used in the design or research of devices, perhaps entrepreneurial in nature or intended for the consumer market
- Reimbursement to any UAMS core for collaborative services related to the project
The voucher program will be unable to provide support for ongoing salaried positions or basic electronic supplies like computers or office equipment.
For any questions, contact Assistant Professor Biomedical Informatics Christopher Wardell, Ph.D., at CPWardell@uams.edu.