Requirements and Application
The Department of Neurobiology and Developmental Sciences seeks applicants who have a strong undergraduate background in the biological and physical sciences.
Application packets should include the following:
- Completed Graduate School application form,
- Score reports on the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination are required, and a basic science related Subject Test report is recommended
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- One to two page statement describing reasons for seeking admission to graduate school, interests and career goals
- TOEFL scores (required from international applicants only)
All application materials should be submitted to the Graduate School (address on form). The Graduate Committee sends completed applications to the department for consideration.
Eligible students accepted into the Ph.D. program generally receive stipend support and tuition payment. With the assistance of their research advisor, students are encouraged to seek extramural fellowship support. Information on other forms of financial aid can be obtained from the Student Financial Aid Office, 4301 West Markham Street, Slot 601, UAMS, Little Rock, AR 72205.
For further information and application forms for admission and financial aid contact:
David L. Davies, Ph.D., Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Neurobiology and Developmental Sciences
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
4301 West Markham Street #510
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205-7199