Professor Emeritus, Department of Neurobiology and Developmental Sciences and Associate Professor, Department of Radiology
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Post Doctoral Training
Department of Physiology, Harvard Medical School
Curriculum Vitae: Word
Address: Office: Biomedical Research Building II, Room 661-2
Mailing address: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
4301 W. Markham St., Slot 847
Little Rock, AR 72205
Research using the neuroprotective agent Dodecafluoropentane as an oxygen carrier that is superior to RBCs to protect the penumbra of a stroke. This would allow additional time before stroke treatments, such as tPA, clot extractors, or ultrasound with the Cerevast device, can be used. Studies are in both rabbit and rat models of stroke.
- Brown A, Woods S, Skinner RD, Hatton J, Lowery J, Roberson P, Hennings L, Culp WC. 2013 Neurological assessment scores in rabbit embolic stroke models. The Open Neurology Journal, Accepted October 2013.
- Woods SD, Skinner RD, Ricca AM, Brown AT, Lowery JD, Borrelli MJ, Lay JO, Culp WC. 2013 Progress in dodecafluoropentane emulsion as a neuroprotective agent in a rabbit stroke model. Mol Neurobiol. 2013. June 28. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 223813100 [PubMed – as supplied by publisher]
- Culp WC, Woods SD, Brown AT, Lowery JD, Hennings LJ, Skinner RD, Borrelli MJ, Roberson PK. 2012 Three variations in rabbit angiographic stroke models. J Neurosci Methods. 2012 Nov 8;212(2):322-328. doi: 10.1016/j.jneumeth.2012.10.017. [Epub ahead of print] PMID:23142182 [PubMed – as supplied by publisher] PMCID:PMC3563856
- Culp WC, Woods SD, Skinner RD, Brown AT, Lowery JD, Johnson JLH, Unger EC, Hennings LJ, Borrelli MJ, Roberson PK. 2012 Dodecafluoropentane emulsion decreases infarct volume in a rabbit ischemic stroke model. JVIR. 2012;23:116-21 (Emulsion) PMID: 22079515 [PubMed – in process] PMCID: PMC3253225
- Culp WC, Flores R, Lowery JD, Brown AT, Hennings LJ, Roberson PK, Woods SD, Hatton JH, Culp BC, Skinner RD, Borrelli MJ. 2011 Successful microbubble sonothrombolysis without tissue plasminogen activator in a rabbit model of acute ischemic stroke. Stroke. 2011;42:2280-2285. PMID: 21700942 [PubMed – as supplied by publisher]. PMCID: PMC3266124 (Aged clot)
- Woods SD, Flores R, Roberson PK, Lowery JD, Skinner RD, Culp WC. 2011 Decreased serum levels of S-100B protein reflect successful treatment effects in a rabbit model of acute ischemic stroke. The Open Neurology Journal, 2011, 5, 55-57. PMID: 21760859 PMCID: [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] PMCID: PMC3134987 (S100B)
- Flores R, Lowery J, Skinner RD, Roberson PK, Woods SD, Culp WC. 2011 Transcutaneous Therapeutic Ultrasound Reduces Infarct Size in a Rabbit Model of Acute Insoluble Ischemic Stroke. J Exp Stroke Transl Med 2011; 4: 1-7.
- Brown AT, Skinner RD, Flores R, Hennings L, Borrelli MB, Lowery J, Culp WC. 2011 Stroke Location and Brain Function in an Embolic Rabbit Stroke Model. JVIR 2010; 21:903-909. PMID: 20417119 PMCID: PMC 2875361.