Your executive coach has received extensive training to be able to provide you with the coaching expertise needed to help you achieve your goals and the personal growth you desire. They have had not only numerous hours of coaching education in a classroom setting, but they have also honed their skills in hours of practice sessions with other coaches, receiving critiques, assessments and feedback from mentor coaches who are considered experts in this field.
Our program strives to provide you with an excellent service. Your coach will model their coaching relationships by following the principles outlined by the International Coaching Federation (ICF). This organization sets the goals standard for executive coaching worldwide.
The ICF standards must be met for your coach to be credentialed. Along with required classroom hours, practice coaching and mentor coaching, as part of this process, your coach must pass a written examination designed by the ICF. Your coach must also submit for review the audio portion of a recorded session (done with the client’s permission). This audio portion will be reviewed by ICF coaching experts to ensure that your coach demonstrates the required competencies necessary to be credentialed.
Develops a Foundation with the Client
- Demonstrates Ethical Practice – with honesty, integrity, and respect for clients
- Embodies a Coaching Mindset – remains open, curious, flexible, and client-centered
Co-Creates the Relationship with the Client
- Establishes and Maintains the Agreement – creating a clear understanding of the relationship, process, plans, and goals
- Cultivates an Environment of Trust and Safety with respect for the client and no judgment
- Maintains a Coaching Presence – fully present, client-centered, and flexible
Cultivates Learning and Growth
- Facilitates the Client’s Growth – by transforming learning into action and promoting autonomy
- Listens Actively to the Client – is focused on the client and all the client is communicating
- Evokes Client Awareness – facilitates client’s insight through observations and questioning
Information taken from ICF Core Competencies