Hometown: Kollam, Kerala, India
Medical School: Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram, India
Future plans after residency? Hematology-Oncology Fellowship
Fav thing about UAMS Internal Medicine Residency? Very friendly and supportive working and learning environment. The program values its residents and care about them.
Fav thing about living in Little Rock or Arkansas? Lots of hiking places, good restaurants. I love driving around and to enjoy the beauty of the Natural State. Here, the weather is very nice. The city is not very busy which is the best thing for me. Everything that you need is in the near vicinity.
What do you do outside of the hospital to relax/have fun? Watching movies, spending time with family, Gardening and dancing
If you weren’t a doctor, what would you be? An engineer or a researcher.
Fav show to binge watch? Breaking Bad, The Office
- Roy A, Briggler A, Tippit D, Dawson K, Verma R. Neoadjuvant Cabozantinib in Renal Cell Carcinoma – A Brief Review. Clinical Genitourinary Cancer. 2020, Apr; 18(4): S1558-7673. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 32660880. Pub Status: Published.
- Roy A, Mathew A. Audit of Cancer Clinical Trials in India. Journal of Global Oncology. 2019, Jul; 5(1): 156. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 31283412. Pub Status: Published
- Thomas VM, John VM, Alexander SA, Roy A, Mathew A. Publication Rate and Characteristics of Cancer Clinical Trials in India. Journal of Cancer Policy. 2020, Jul; 26(1): 100248. Pub Status: Published
- Pandey Y, Atwal D, Konda M, Roy A, Sasapu A. Acquired Hemophilia A. Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings. 2019, Nov; 33(1): 71-74. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 32063777. Pub Status: Published.
- Roy A, Konda M, Atwal D, Schichman S, Kunthur A. Acquired Amegakaryocytic Thrombocytopenia Mimicking Immune Thrombocytopenia. The Permanente Journal. 2020, Feb; Pub Status: Accepted
- Roy A, Yadala S, Venkata A. A 44-Year-Old Woman with a Decade Long Symptom of Progressive Dyspnea and Pulmonary Nodules. CHEST. 2020, Jul; Pub Status: Provisionally Accepted
- Roy A, Siddiqui A, Venkata A. Undiagnosed Acquired Hemophilia A- Presenting as Recurrent Gastrointestinal Bleeding. Cureus. 2020, Jul; Pub Status: Accepted
- Roy A, Konda M, Goel A, Verma R. Utilization of Palliative Care in Patients with Genitourinary Malignancies. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2020, Feb; 38(6_suppl): 669. Pub Status: Published.
- Roy A, Ananthula A, Veeraputhiran M. Pneumatosis Intestinalis from Clostridium Difficile Infection with Underlying TMA. Journal of Investigative Medicine. 2019, Feb; 67(2): 446. Pub Status: Published
- Mohan M, Yarlagadda N, Atwal D, Pandey Y, Roy A, Parikh R, Lopez J, Thanendrarajan S, Schinke C, Alapat D, Van Rhee F, Kendrick S, Zangari M. Clinical Implications of loss of minimal residual disease (MRD) negativity in multiple myeloma. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2020, May; 38(15_suppl): 8514. Pub Status: Published.
- Pandey Y, Roy A, Konda M, Leffert J, Makhoul I, Sasapu A. Fertility Preservation Discussion in Young Adults with Cancer: How Often Are We Documenting?. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. 2020, Mar; 18(3.5): 131. Pub Status: Published
- Roy A, Konda M, Goel A, Meena N. Characteristics and Complications of Tumor Lysis Syndrome in Hematological Malignancies. Critical Care Medicine. 2020, Jan; 48(1): 243. Pub Status: Published.
- Roy A, Konda M, Goel A, Sasapu A. Characteristics of Marijuana Usage in Sickle Cell Patients in the United States. Blood. 2019, Nov; 134 (suppl_1): 4848. Pub Status: Published.
- Roy A, Konda M, Warrier AM, Arnaoutakis K. Depression in Lung Cancer Patients: A Nationwide Analysis. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2019, Nov; 37(31_suppl): 83. Pub Status: Published.
- Roy A, Konda M, Goel A, Sasapu A. (December, 2019). Epidemiology of Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation in hospitalized patients in the United States Poster presented at: 61st American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting; Orlando, FL, USA.
- Roy A, Konda M, Warrier A, Makhoul I. (October, 2019). Factors Associated with Mortality in Hospitalized Patients with Neoplasm Related Pain Poster presented at: ASCO Annual Supportive Care in Oncology Symposium; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Roy A, Atiq S, Ananthula A, Atiq O. (February, 2019). SMARCB1 Sinonasal Carcinoma Presenting as Schwannoma Poster presented at: Southern Regional Meeting (SRM) Annual Meeting- American Federation of Medical Research (AFMR); New Orleans, LA, USA.
- Konda M, Roy A, Parikh R, Fugere T, Gullapalli M, Pandey Y, Verma R. (May, 2020). Gender Variation in Clinical Activity and Medicare Payments Among Oncologies and Hematologists Poster presented at: ASCO Annual Meeting- Virtual; Virtual Meeting, IL, USA.
- Roy A, Johnsrud J, Kothari A. (May, 2020). Cladophialophora Bantiana Brain Abscess in an Immunocompetent Patient Oral Presentation presented at: UAMS Annual Research Day 2020; Little Rock, AR, USA (Won Best Oral Presentation Award)
- Roy A, Konda M, Goel A, Meena N. (February, 2020). Characteristics and Complications of Tumor Lysis Syndrome in Critically Ill Patients: A Retrospective Study Oral Presentation presented at: Society of Critical Care Medicine Annual Congress; Orlando, FL, USA
- Roy A, Konda M, Goel A, Sasapu A. (February, 2020). Marijuana Use and Complications in Sickle Cell Anemia Patients in the United States Oral Presentation presented at: Southern Regional Meeting Annual Meeting- American Federation of Medical Research (AFMR); New Orleans, LA, USA (Won SAFMR/SSCI Travel Award)