UAMS students who are interested in OB/GYN are encouraged to enroll in at least one senior elective and may take up to 12 hours of OB/GYN related courses in their senior year. UAMS students are given enrollment preference; visiting students are welcome to apply through VSLO. Applicants from underrepresented groups are invited to apply for the Gloria Richard-Davis Scholarship for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Acting Internship in Women’s Primary Care – five days per week will be spent at the UAMS Health Women’s Center providing outpatient gynecologic and obstetric care alongside various attending physicians.
- Intensive Acting Internship in Obstetrics – join the UAMS Labor and Delivery team! You will spend two weeks with the day team and two weeks with the night team learning the basics of L&D care. You will also have the opportunity to spend a few days in the Maternal Fetal Medicine clinic at the UAMS Health Women’s Center.
- Intensive Ambulatory Gynecology – you will spend your rotation as a member of the gynecology team. Duties include rounding on admitted patients, consulting on patients in the emergency room or admitting to other services, assisting in the gynecologic operating room, and seeing patients at the UAMS Health Women’s Center.
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine – learn how to care for high risk obstetric patients during your time on the MFM rotation. You will round with the antepartum team each morning and then spend four days per week in the high risk obstetric suite at UAMS Health Women’s Center. The fifth day of the week will be spent on labor and delivery.
- Gynecology Oncology – as a member of the Gyn Onc team, you will round each morning on admitted patients and then spend the remainder of the day in the operating room, managing admitting patients, seeing emergency room consultations, or seeing outpatients in the UAMS Health Women’s Cancer Clinic.
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility – explore the field of REI with our local specialists. You will spend time at Arkansas Fertility and Gynecology Associates where outpatient fertility procedures are performed, including In Vitro Fertilitzation, and assisting with various fertility-sparing surgical interventions at the local surgery center.
Senior Clerkship Contacts
Luann Racher, M.D., Associate Professor
Director, OB-GYN Senior Medical Student Clerkship
- Medical Genetics – Department of Pediatrics
- Women’s Mental Health – Department of Psychiatry
- Pediatric Gynecology – Department of Pediatrics
- Anesthesiology for Obstetrics and Gynecology – Department of Anesthesiology