Our goal for our residents is to encourage inquiry and scholarship among each other, develop new knowledge, learn to evaluate research findings, and develop habits of inquiry as a continuing professional responsibility.
Each resident is required to submit one paper (study) suitable for publication during their residency.
Each year in June, the Annual Resident’s Day conference is held at UAMS. This conference provides residents with an opportunity to present their research, in the form of a 10-minute speech, to fellow residents, staff, and visiting ophthalmologists.
“There are limitless opportunities to conduct meaningful clinical and basic science research at the Jones Eye Institute. All faculty have great ideas and interesting patients and we have a large basic science lab with great facilities and instruments. Throughout my residency I have been able to participate in case reports, case series, cohort studies, large retrospective studies, and basic science projects spanning all areas of ophthalmology.”Joshua Hardin, M.D.
Recent Research from Our Residents
- Cataract Surgery Outcomes in Eyes With Primary Epiretinal Membrane
- Repeat Intravitreal Dexamethasone Implant for Refractory Cystoid Macular Edema in Syphilitic Uveitis
- Treatment of Postvitrectomy Fibrin Using Intravitreal Tissue Plasminogen Activator
- Inadvertent Expulsion of Fluocinolone Acetonide Intravitreal Implant during Pars Plana Vitrectomy
- Arterial tortuosity syndrome: 40 new families and literature review.
- Ophthalmic findings in patients with arterial tortuosity syndrome and carriers: A case series.
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension Progressing to Venous Sinus Thrombosis, Subarachnoid Hemorrhage, and Stroke.
- Review and update of cataract surgery in the diabetic eye
- A unique case series of autosomal recessive bestrophinopathy exhibiting multigenerational inheritance.
- Fungal Keratitis Secondary to Trametes betulina: A Case Report and Review of Literature.
- Factors Affecting Cirrus-HD OCT Optic Disc Scan Quality: A Review with Case Examples.