- Competitive salary and benefits with a robust faculty mentoring program and multiple tracks for tenure and/or promotion
- Part of the larger Pediatric Immunocompromised Host Program at Arkansas Children’s linking all transplant-related efforts on campus with multi-disciplinary care and research
- Join a strong team that includes two cardiac surgeons, six cardiac anesthesiologists, 20 pediatric cardiologists, six cardiac intensivists and 21 advanced practice nurses/physician associates
- Two cardiovascular operating rooms with a hybrid suite, completed in 2021
- CVICU with 24/7 in-house coverage by staff pediatric cardiac intensivists for taking care of heart patients, including pre- and post-op
- An active outpatient heart failure/cardiomyopathy program, including onco-cardiology and muscular dystrophy populations with room to grow
- Develop and mentor medical students, residents and fellows with additional opportunities for leadership, educational outreach and clinical research
The Heart Center is also supported by the following highly-specialized teams:
- Interventionalists perform a variety of procedures including biopsies, Impella VAD placement, percutaneous ECMO cannulation, transcatheter valve placement including hybrid placement techniques in conjunction with cardiac surgery.
- Electrophysiology full range of services including, radiofrequency and cryocatheter ablations, and pacemaker/defibrillator implantations, including subcutaneous ICD’s.
- Adult congenital heart disease team led by a physician board certified in ACHD. ACHD patients are treated at ACH with consultative presence in adult facilities. Care continues during pregnancy in association with high-risk obstetrical and genetics services.
- Fetal heart center boasting five pediatric cardiologists and sonographers with extensive expertise in fetal cardiac imaging and congenital heart disease. The team performed more than 1000 fetal echocardiograms annually at ACH and throughout the region via telemedicine. Other members of the fetal team include maternal-fetal medicine, neonatology and genetics.
- Cardiac 3D print center creating exact replicas of a patient’s anatomy from cardiac CT and MRI.
Practice is based at Arkansas Children’s Hospital
The Arkansas Children’s System includes two hospitals, a statewide care network of clinics and outreach programs, a research institute and a foundation. ACH is the only pediatric health system in the state of Arkansas, providing coverage to the state’s children from birth to age 21. The hospital staff consists of mor ethan 500 faculty, 200 residents and 4,400 support staff.Learn More About Arkansas Children’s
Meet Little Rock
The capital city of Arkansas is a bustling, vibrant and charming city situated along the bank of the Arkansas River. At the geographic center of the state, Little Rock rests at the crossroads of the South and the Mid-West, combining the best elements into a greater whole.Explore Little Rock