Thank you for your interest in our geriatric psychiatry fellowship program. To be considered for our program, you must be on track to successfully complete your four year general psychiatry residency by the time the 2022-23 fellowship year begins.
If you wish to apply to our program, please submit the following information to my attention at 4301 W. Markham St, 589, Little Rock, AR 72205.
- A current CV
- A letter of recommendation from your current psychiatry training director verifying satisfactory completion (or anticipated completion) of all educational and ethical requirements for graduation.
- Two additional letters of recommendation; These letters are to be sent directly by the authors of the letters.
- An original copy of your medical school transcript; Sent directly from the medical school.
- A copy of your USMLE or COMLEX transcript (with all three scores and attempts).
- ECFMG certificate (for foreign medical school graduates).
- A personal statement regarding your interest in the field of geriatric psychiatry.
- Verification of level of competency in the required field using ACGME or CanMEDS Milestones assessments from the core residency program.
Our deadline for applications is December 1; however, we strongly recommend that you submit your application materials as soon as possible. Your application packet will be reviewed by the fellowship director when all requested materials are received. Please note that acceptance into our program is contingent upon your ability to obtain a valid Arkansas medical license.
Please feel free to contact me at
Janis L. Cockmon
Geriatric Fellowship Coordinator
Get information on benefits at the UAMS GME handbook.