We take one to two trainees into our IR-Independent program each year. We accept trainees that have completed an ESIR pathway and those that have not.
- All applications for positions in the program are accepted through ERAS.
- The application deadline is January 1 of each year. A completed application includes a standard ERAS application, medical school transcript, USMLE scores, personal statement, and at least three letters of recommendation.
- Selection for interviews is made based upon the following criteria:
- Performance in Diagnostic Radiology residency
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivation to pursue a career in IR
- Past experience
- Publication experience
- Research experience
- USMLE performance
- Candidates must meet UAMS institutional requirements for appointment as a resident physician.
- Candidates are informed of terms and conditions of appointment in their interview invite email.
For further information, contact Lacie Covington by phone at 501-686-6912 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.