List of Subdivisions
- The Phillips Classic Laser and Nanomedicine Laboratories
Director: Vladimir P. Zharov, Ph.D.
- Molecular Nanoimaging
Director: Michael J. Borrelli, Ph.D.
- Anticancer Nanomedicine
Director: Robert J. Griffin, Ph.D.
Director: Alexei G. Basnakian, M.D., Ph.D.
Director: Anna Radominska-Pandya, Ph.D.
Director: Eric C. Peterson, Ph.D.
Role of Subdivision Leaders
- Facilitate unique opportunities provided by the University of Arkansas System to bring revolutionary nanotechnology advances from bench to bedside.
- Maximize nanomedicine research and clinical efforts across UAMS and its collaborators with a translational emphasis to put cutting-edge nanoscience methods to work for patients.
- Bring people together, so that new discoveries can be translated into better medical care more efficiently and effectively.
- Transcribe cutting-edge research findings into new identification, treatment, and prevention methods for cancer, infectious disease, imaging, cardiovascular disease, etc.
- Their internationally recognized work includes groundbreaking discoveries in the use of nanoparticles for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, infections, cardiovascular diseases and drug addiction treatment, among many others.