Per APGO and CREOG guidelines, the deadline for applications is October 1, 2021. Interview offers will be released on October 19, 2021 with rolling offers to follow. Interviews will begin October 25, 2021, and continue through January. An interview invitation response must be received within 48 hours. All applicants will be updated on the status of their application by November 19, 2021.
Our Program’s interview process starts with a casual dinner with our current residents and their families the evening before your interview. The interview day will take place from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and consists of a half-day session of interviews with both faculty and residents, a tour of our facilities, and a lunch. We are always sure to leave lots of time for questions and answers and are also open to second looks. However, due to COVID-19 and our efforts to keep all interested parties and our team members safe, all interviews for the 2022-2023 intern class will be conducted virtually per recommendations from APGO, CREOG, and UAMS. More information on the format of the day will be made available upon extension of an invitation to interview.
We recruit five PGY-1 positions each academic year. Applications are accepted only through Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) and considered complete when all of the following documentation has been provided.
(dates are subject to change)
- Completed ERAS application
- Medical school Dean’s letter
- Medical school transcript
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USLME) Steps 1 and 2 scores (Passing score on first attempt is required)
- Three letters of recommendation (Letter from the Chair is not required)
- We do not offer observerships or externships; Second look visits may be arranged after the initial interview with Program Director approval
- UAMS does consider International Medical Graduates for our program and sponsors J-1 Visas; If you need a Visa, USMLE Step 3 results must be available by January 31; All fees related to Visas are the responsibility of the applicant.