Thank you for your interest in the Child Neurology Residency Program at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. In accordance with UAMS policy and national consensus recommendations, all interviews and recruitment activities for the 2023 Match will be conducted virtually.
Our program offers one categorical position per year. Through a collaboration with the UAMS Pediatric Residency Program, the categorical position will include two years of pediatric training at UAMS/Arkansas Children’s Hospital. The Child Neurology program is the only program that applicants need to apply for in ERAS as acceptance to our program will guarantee acceptance into the UAMS Pediatrics Residency for these two preliminary years. Please note that we only accept applications submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). All applications are considered without regard to sex, race, age, religion, color, disability, veteran status or national origin.
An applicant must meet one of the following qualifications to be eligible for appointment to our program as per the UAMS GME policy on recruitment and appointment:
- Graduation from a medical school in the United States or Canada, accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME); or
- Graduation from a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States, accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA); or
- Graduation from a medical school outside of the United States or Canada, and meeting one of the following additional qualifications:
- holds a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates prior to appointment; or
- holds a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a United States licensing jurisdiction in his or her current ACGME specialty- /subspecialty program
For the upcoming interview season, we will be holding virtual interviews on select Thursdays in November and December 2022. We hope applicants will have the opportunity to learn about our program and feel the connection among our residents and faculty through electronic materials and live sessions.
Below are frequently asked questions about our application process:
How do I apply to the program?
Applicants must apply through ERAS. We do not accept emailed, faxed or paper applications.
What is the deadline for applications?
November 11, 2022
How many positions will your program offer for Match Year 2023?
One categorical position.
What qualifications are required for applicants?
Applicants must graduate from an approved US or Canadian Medical School or be certified through the ECFMG at the time of application for foreign medical graduates as mentioned above.
Do you accept foreign medical graduates?
Yes. Only J1 and H1-B Visas are accepted and all ECFMG requirements must be met, including having completed USMLE Step 1 and Step 2.
Do you require clinical experience in the United States?
No, we do not.
Does your program include the preliminary pediatric years?
Yes. The categorical position includes the preliminary pediatric years. There is no need to apply to the pediatric program separately.
What are your USMLE score requirements?
There is no minimum score required to apply. UAMS focuses on a holistic approach to application review with emphasis on multiple areas beyond scores.
For further information, please contact us: