- Ph.D. – The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 2001
- Postdoctoral Fellowship – University of Massachusetts Medical School (research focused on the contribution of estrogen receptor beta to prostate cancer)
Dr. Leung began his faculty career as an Assistant Professor in the Division of Environmental Genetics and Molecular Toxicology, Department of Environmental Health, at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine in 2005, rising to the rank of tenure-track Associate Professor. He directed the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences-funded Integrative Technologies Support Core of the Center for Environmental Genetics at University of Cincinnati. Dr. Leung is an established investigator in the field of hormone regulation of cancer and is an expert on the developmental origin of cancer risk and the impact of environmental estrogens/endocrine disruption on epigenetics reprogramming. He is a full member of the American Association for Cancer Research and is Co-investigator on two National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences-funded projects.
- Padala, KP, Padala, PR, Leung, YK, Dennis, R.A., Ho, S.M. (2020) Open Burn Pit Exposure and Concern about the COVID-19 Pandemic. The Primary Care Companion for CNS disorders, In press
- Lakkaniga, N.R., Gunaganti, N, Zhang, L., Belachew, B., Frett, B., Leung, Y, Li, H.Y. (2020) Pyrrolo[2,3-d]pyrimidine derivatives as inhibitors of RET: Design, synthesis and biological evaluation, European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 206:112691. PMID: 32823007
- Wongsurawat, T., Jenjaroenpun, P., De Loose, A., Alkam, D., Ussery, DW, Nookaew, I., Leung, YK, Ho, SM, Day, JD, Rodriguez, A. (2020) A novel Cas9-targeted long-read assay for simultaneous detection of IDH1/2 mutations and clinically relevant MGMT methylation in fresh biopsies of diffuse glioma, Acta Neuropathologica Communications, 8:87. PMID: 32563269 PMCID: PMC7305623
- Liu, X, Zhang, E., Astreinidis, A., Kopra, E., Leung, YK, Ho, S.M., Henske, EP, Markiewski, M, Karbowniczek, M., Soleimani, M. and Yu, JJ (2020) Estrogen activates pyruvate kinase M2 and increases the growth of TSC2-deficient cells, PloS One, 15:e0228894. PMID: 32078667 PMCID: PMC7032738