The Arkansas Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides professional counseling and/or referral to community resources for a wide range of problems and situations including stress management, financial concerns, alcohol and other drug abuse, elder care, job/career issues, parenting, legal issues, marital/family problems and personal/emotional concerns.
The EAP is staffed by a team of licensed therapists who provide services. Specific areas they can help with include the following:
- Anger management
- Individual life skills training
- Life/Career coaching
- Personal/emotional concerns
- Referral/resource assistance
- Short-term, individual and family counseling
- Stress management
- Substance Abuse
- Wellness training
- Work-related issues
Points to Note
- Absolutely Confidential! (exceptions: suicidality, homicidality, or child abuse)
- No cost for services
- Easy timely access and seen as often as indicated
- EAP has its own electronic medical records that are not connected to the UAMS medical records system (EPIC)
How the EAP Works
- Call 501-686-2588 to make an appointment. You should personally call to make the appointment.
- The EAP is open during regular business hours. Late appointments are available upon request.
- For after hour emergencies, call the EAP 24/7 number 800-542-6021 where you can speak to a licensed EAP counselor.
For detailed information about EAP services, visit their website: https://eap.uams.edu/