Certificate Program Courses- 3 Semesters (6 Core Courses)
Must maintain a 3.0 GPA to successfully complete the post-baccalaureate certificate in Public Health
|Summer Semester- I||Fall Semester- II||Spring Semester- III|
|· **Critical Thinking I/ Kaplan MCAT prep – 6 weeks|
· Biology Competencies
· ENVH 5011ENVH 5002
· ENVH 5003
|· **PhSc 7101 Anatomy/Physiology/Pathology|
· HPMT 5003 Introduction to Public Health (online)
· BIOS 5013 Biostatistics I
· HPMT 5103 Healthcare Systems (online)
|· ENVH 5102 Env and Occup Health
· HBHE 5104 Health Behavior & Health Education (online)
· EPI 5112 Epidemiology I
· **Intro to Clinical Medicine : medical terminology, shadowing MDs
**Not core course of the Certificate Program
- Students must meet with an Advisor in the Student Success Center for assessment of learning needs and coaching for areas of improvement.
- Writing Assessment and Remediation Program – in MPH
- If the student does not pass the threshold, they receive 6-8 modules (reasoning, organization, clarity, etc.).
- Participation in COPH Speaker Series
- Tuesday Noon COPH Seminar- Research Oriented
- Thursday Morning Arkansas Department of Health Grand Rounds- 8:00 a.m.
- 1:1 Bi-monthly Coaching with the MSPH Program Director
- 1:1 Advising with the Associate Dean of Student Affairs, COP
The second year of the program is optional.
If post-baccalaureate MSPH students are admitted to the UAMS College of Medicine while in the MSPH program, they can enter medical school the summer after their first year after completing the one-year Certificate Program. Alternatively, students accepted to medical school at UAMS can continue and complete an MPH degree as part of the combined M.D./MPH program. Another option is to complete the MPH and pursue a career in Public Health or some other health-related profession.
Second Year for MPH
(students choose from one of six tracks)
- Health Behavior and Health Education
- Health Policy and Management
- Environmental and Occupational Health
- Rural Public Health Practice