Requirements for Admission
- Bachelor’s Degree (any major)
- Prior application to the UAMS College of Medicine
- Arkansas resident and U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (I-155 card)
- MCAT score of 490 or greater (test taken 2018-2020)
- Undergraduate Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or greater
- Completion of MSPH application essay
Process for Admission
- Applicants who are not selected for admission to the UAMS College of Medicine who also meet the criteria for social/economic/geographic disadvantage will be invited at the end of February to consider applying to this program.
- Any Arkansas resident interested in medical school may apply to this program. Preference will be given to applicants who fall into one or more of the categories (under-represented minority and/or social, economic, or geographic disadvantage) and who have already applied to the UAMS College of Medicine but haven’t been admitted.
Timeline for Admission
- Application opens March 1, 2021
- Application deadline March 31, 2021
- Applications evaluated by Committee April 1-12, 2021
- Final decision letters mailed April 16, 2021
- Classes begin June 7, 2021
- Fall Semester begins August 9, 2021
Both the certificate program and the MPH program are eligible for financial aid.