We train world-class doctors
The UAMS College of Medicine has educated and trained the vast majority of Arkansas’ physicians since 1879. As an integral component of the state’s only comprehensive academic health center, we prepare clinicians and scientists to make their mark around the world.
What’s special about us?
We may have been around a long time, but our curriculum is always evolving to reflect the rapid advances in biomedical knowledge and new, more effective approaches to medical education. We will teach you to think critically and to understand and apply basic science knowledge to clinical practice. We have been a leader in simulation education for many years, helping our students transition to clinical training settings with confidence. Our dedicated faculty members, comprehensive advising program and Academic Houses help students grow professionally and personally.
How can I learn more?
Our Applicant Guide is a great place to start. You’ll find dates and deadlines, pre-matriculation requirements, application procedures, and contact information. You’ll read about what we’re looking for in applicants – and even meet some of our current students. For more in-depth information, download the UAMS Catalog. We also recommend the Association of American Medical Colleges’ website for general information about pursuing a career in medicine.
AMCAS Choose Your Medical School Tool
What Applicants Need to Know
Before taking action within the AMCAS Choose Your Medical School tool, applicants should review school-specific instructions, policies, deadlines, and expectations about the use of this tool during the application process. Review the Medical School Admissions Requirements (MSAR) or medical schools’ websites to learn more about their policies. Each applicant is expected to become familiar with the procedures and requirements of each school to which they apply.
Dates for the UAMS College of Medicine
- February 19, 2021 – “Plan to Enroll” becomes available for applicants in AMCAS
- April 15, 2021 – Applicants must narrow their acceptance offers to three medical schools. Applicants can hold any number of offers for wait-lists or alternate positions.
- June 30, 2021 – Applicants must choose “Commit to Enroll” for UAMS indicating they have made their final selection and informed other schools that they are withdrawing their application.
- August 3-6, 2021 – Orientation
- August 6, 2021 – White Coat Ceremony
- August 9, 2021 – Classes begin