Fast Track Your Education
The focus of the program is to prepare extremely strong primary care clinicians to serve our state. By completing the M.D. degree in three years, students save 25% of the cost of training and are able to enter practice more rapidly.
This program is highly competitive and requires a secondary application once admitted to the College of Medicine.
About the Program
- For students committed to a career in primary care in either family medicine, internal medicine or pediatrics.
- Students complete all graduation requirements in three years through earlier clinical training, summer rotations and fewer electives.
- Three-year M.D. students take all of the standard courses and clerkships alongside the four-year M.D. students but forgo the mostly elective fourth year.
- Longitudinal primary care clinical experiences throughout the first two years with standard rotating clerkships in the third year.
- Ongoing individualized career mentoring from a primary care faculty member.
- Reduces tuition expenses by 25% and gets graduates into clinical practice a year earlier.
See For Yourself
Learn more in this video featuring our program directors and one of our students who is completing his last year in the accelerated program.