Resident Annual Salaries 2021-2022
Stipends for residents are competitive with other state schools in the southern region.
- PGY-1 $54,042
- PGY-2 $55,612
- PGY-3 $57,530
- PGY-4 $59,658
- Professional Liability
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Long Term Disability
Counseling and Psychological Support Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Outpatient Mental Health
- Inpatient Mental Health
- Alcohol/Chemical Dependence
Vacation and Leave
- Residents receive 15 days of paid vacation each year, plus five additional vacation days during any one given year to provide time to interview for fellowships or future employment.
- Five days of educational leave with pay are provided each year.
- Residents have five days of sick leave for medical reasons during each year of training.
A meal allowance is provided for residents who take in-house call. The break down is as follows:
- Team Leader, First Call, Second Call and OB Call Night Float – $10.75 for 12 hour call
- 24-Hour In-House Call – $21.50 per call (weekdays, weekends, and holidays)
- Third Call paid at $10.75 per call
- Heart Call paid at $5.00 per call
To enhance and supplement career development while in training, residents will be provided the following:
- The department will provide each resident a one-time stipend of $250 to purchase additional anesthesia relevant books. This is state funded and any money not used will revert back to the department at the end of residency.
- One Paid Trip
- Each resident that has successfully completed their PGY-1 year will have the opportunity to receive one sponsored presentation while they attend one major scientific meeting (i.e., ASA, IARS, ASRA, SCA, SCCM, SPA, SAAMBA, APS, PGA, SOAP, GAARRC).
- Attendance at these meetings will follow the department’s Educational Leave Policy and must have prior approval by the Program Director and UAMS Travel Office.
- Examination Fees
- The department will pay for the ABA Basic and will reimburse full or partial Advanced Examination fees based on a score above the 30% on the CA-2 and CA-3 ITE exam.
- Membership Fees
- The department will pay for each resident’s ASA and IARS membership fee.