2021 Residency Interview Process
The University of Arkansas will be conducting online interviews for the 2021-2022 match. Interviews are held on Thursdays, November through February. We know there is a level of benefit from in person interactions, and while not all interactions can be replicated in a online environment, we are working to provide an optimal virtual experience that will allow candidates to maximize their remote interactions with our faculty and residents.
Each candidate will meet with the Program Director and five members of our resident selection committee. There will be a Q&A session with the Chief Residents, followed by a Q&A with the residents.
Virtual Interview Dates
- November 5, this date will be reserved for UAMS students only
- November 12
- December 3
- December 10
- December 17
- January 7
- January 14
- January 21
- January 28
Zoom Professionalism and Etiquette
When attending interviews via Zoom, maintain professionalism throughout your experience. We want you to portray yourself in the best light when applying to the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
- Designate Your Workspace
- Make sure your interview space is quiet, clean, and has the appropriate background.
- Set Up Your Tech
- Check your Wi-Fi, make sure to have tested your audio and video, and get familiar with Zoom before entering your interview.
- Zoom Help Center
- Communicate with Presenters
- Zoom includes nonverbal feedback buttons
- This should be utilized when you have any questions after any presentations or round table sessions.
- Be Professional
- Dress appropriately, be on time to the interview, sit tall and look directly into the camera. We recommend stacking books under your computer or using taller counter tops to achieve the best face to camera exposure.
- Setting up to have eye contact with the camera is important.
- Avoid Embarrassing Moments
- Always keep chat rooms appropriate, pay attention to your video and audio and screen sharing settings to avoid any embarrassing mistakes.
- Zoom Keyboard Shortcuts