Little Rock: Big Fun With a Southern Accent
Discover Little Rock, a charming and vibrant city with world-class museums and art, stunning views, amazing outdoor adventures, a booming craft beverage and culinary scene and so much more.
Little Rock really is a fantastic place to live whether you are single or married with a family! In September 2013, Kiplinger’s Magazine named Little Rock as the U.S.’s top midsize city in which to live and work. Kiplinger’s ranks cities based on good jobs, reasonably priced homes, decent schools, great health care and a manageable size.
Little Rock is the state capital and largest city that makes up the Little Rock/North Little Rock metropolitan area. It is a diverse, family-oriented city of roughly 700,000. There are many well-established and vibrant neighborhoods to call home, including Hillcrest, The Heights, Capital View-Stifft Station, Cammack Village, Quapaw Quarter, and many others.
The area is rich in culture, offering regional and local theater, museums, a symphony orchestra, art galleries, multiple music, film and literary events, and activities that appeal to everyone.
Looking for something else do do? You will find it at in the River Market District. Choose from a four-star restaurant or sit back and enjoy locally brewed beer and gourmet pizza. Spend a Saturday morning with the family shopping at the Farmers Market and make sure to stop by the Museum of Discovery on the way home.
Little Rock is packed with fine dining establishments and live music venues. Sports enthusiasts enjoy miles of running and biking trails from which to view the fantastic, unspoiled nature of our state.
To learn more about our city and state, visit the following sites:
Little Rock offers the outdoor enthusiast a variety of activities, including:
- The Arkansas River Trail offers 24 miles for pedestrians, cyclists, and rollerbladers
- The Big Dam Bridge extends the Arkansas River Trail by 14 miles
- Pinnacle Mountain State Park is just a few miles from downtown Little Rock, offering hiking trails, canoeing, and scenic views
- A number of great city parks
The Little Rock area offers a vast variety of family fun activities.
Within a few hours, you can reach any corner of the our state, where you will find more family fun, cultural, educational, and outdoor opportunities.
Extensive variety in our State Park System
- Seven national parks
- 2.9 million acres of national forests
- The Buffalo River, America’s first national river
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
- Blanchard Springs Caverns
- Bentonville, the Mountain Bike Capital of the World
- History, nature and excitement in Hot Springs
- Garvan Woodland Gardens