Our goal is to provide you with an enriching experience related to the hospital-based operation. The curriculum has been designed in a way that provides you with a fundamental knowledge of the healthcare industry that will be useful to you as you transition out as an independent physician in the community.
The course objectives are:
- Describe the basic building blocks of the health care system including different types of payers.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of status determination (inpatient vs outpatient level of care) and its impact on hospital operation.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of sound clinical documentation practices and their impact on the hospital, quality, and financial metrics.
- Describe the complex interactions between utilization review, clinical documentation, revenue cycle integrity including coding, billing, and reimbursement, value-based care models, compliance with regulatory agencies, quality improvement, and legal perspectives.
Here are the course highlights:
- Duration: 1 week
- Mode of delivery: Virtual
- Entry level: PGY-2 and up
- Method of instructions:
- Practical sessions with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and case exercises
- Method of Assessment: Pre-course and post-course multiple-choice questions (10 questions each)
SBP Elective Registration
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Course Director:
Ahmed Abuabdou, MD, MBA
Chief Clinical Officer, UAMS
Associate Professor of Medicine