Meet the team who is dedicated to your success.
UAMS currently sponsors 65 ACGME-accredited programs.
Policies are reviewed and revised periodically.
Collaboration resources and tools
GME Mission Statement
The mission of the Graduate Medical Education Office at UAMS is to improve the health and health care of Arkansans by providing residents and fellows an educational experience that results in physicians who are competent to practice safely, independently and confidently by
- Providing high-quality, leading examples in medical education
- Developing faculty to effectively lead and manage GME programs
- Overseeing the working alliance between GME programs and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Leading efforts in evidence-based medical education
- Using resources effectively for the greatest good
GME Core Values
- Service & Partnership — Providing service in active partnership with GME program directors and program coordinators.
- Respect — Promoting a climate of mutual respect among colleagues by being accurate, consistent, and responsive.
- Educational Leadership — Encouraging a culture of excellence in program development so that accreditation essentials are consistently met and opportunities are frequently offered for programs to exceed beyond them.
- Safety — Promoting patient safety and resident well-being in a supportive educational environment.