The mission of UAMS is to improve the health, health care and well-being of Arkansans and of others in the region, nation and the world by
- Education of current and future health professionals and the public;
- Providing high quality, innovative health care and also providing specialty expertise not routinely available in community settings; and
- Advancing knowledge in areas of human health and disease and translating and accelerating discoveries into health improvements.
GME Mission Statement
The mission of the Graduate Medical Education Office at UAMS is to improve the health and health care of Arkansans by providing residents and fellows an educational experience that results in physicians who are competent to practice safely, independently and confidently by
- Providing high-quality, leading examples in medical education
- Developing faculty to effectively lead and manage GME programs
- Overseeing the working alliance between GME programs and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Leading efforts in evidence-based medical education
- Using resources effectively for the greatest good
GME Core Values
- Service & Partnership — Providing service in active partnership with GME program directors and program coordinators.
- Respect — Promoting a climate of mutual respect among colleagues by being accurate, consistent, and responsive.
- Educational Leadership — Encouraging a culture of excellence in program development so that accreditation essentials are consistently met and opportunities are frequently offered for programs to exceed beyond them.
- Safety — Promoting patient safety and resident well-being in a supportive educational environment.
Mailing Address: 4301 S. Markham, Slot 837, Little Rock, AR 72205
Phone number: 501-296-1159
Physical Location: College of Medicine Administration Office, Central Building, First Floor, Room 1/1010
Questions for GME: Email us at email@example.com.