Michelle W. Krause, M.D., MPH, serves as the Vice Chair for Clinical Operations, Quality, and Efficiency in the Department of Internal Medicine. She is also UAMS Service Line Director of Medical Specialties, Director of Clinical Services, and the Medical Director for the inpatient and outpatient dialysis programs both at UAMS and the CAVHS. She received her internal medicine and nephrology clinical training at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. She continued on as a recipient of an NIH Training grant awardee to receive her MPH in Epidemiology at the University of North Carolina School of Public Health with a research focus on medical disparities in chronic kidney disease. Since joining the faculty at UAMS in 2002, she has been the Principal Investigator on numerous NIH and VA Cooperative clinical trials. She is active in the education of the fellows and housestaff at UAMS and also works as the Ambulatory Medical Director for UAMS in hospital administration.
Academic Appointment: Professor of Medicine
Training and Education
- M.D.: University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of North Carolina
- Nephrology Fellowship: University of North Carolina
- Research Nephrology Fellowship: University of North Carolina
- MPH: University of North Carolina School of Public Health Department of Epidemiology, Chapel Hill, NC