Welcome from the Program Director
Thank you for taking the time to explore our program. Through an interdisciplinary team approach to patient care, our mission is to provide supervised opportunities for fellows to develop clinical and interpersonal skills, knowledge, professional attitudes and practical experience required of a physician competent in the practice of palliative medicine. The program is fully accredited by the American Board of Hospice and Palliative Medicine and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Our one-year, adult fellowship program is an ACGME accredited fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine and trains physicians to become skilled palliative care clinicians in preparation for a career in academic palliative medicine or community practice. Graduates will be subspecialty board-eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine. The program is designed to achieve five primary educational objectives:
- Demonstrate competency in pain symptom management of chronically and terminally ill patients.
- Become an effective communicator with patients and families.
- Exhibit skill in decision-making and management of advanced disease.
- Contribute to the advancement of the field as an educator and researcher.
- Exemplify professionalism, clinical scholarship, and compassion.
The program is fully accredited by the American Board of Hospice and Palliative Medicine and the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
Follow us on Facebook.
Please click Apply in the menu for contact information and application instructions.