The goal of the Technical Core within the Center for Microbial Pathogenesis and Host Inflammatory Responses is to provide Center investigators with the technological assets required for them to accomplish their experimental objectives. We accomplish this both by enhancing the capabilities of existing core facilities within the College of Medicine at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and by acquiring new instrumentation.
Cellular Imaging Core
- Nikon Eclipse Ti-E Motorized Microscope and C2si Confocal Microscope – Features include Nikon’s patented PFS Perfect Focus III focus lock technology, high speed motorized control, 100 watt illumination system for transmitted and LED reflected light applications, and Lambda coat anti-reflective objectives at 10, 20, 40, 60, and 100X magnifications. Fluorescence filters are included for DAPI, FITC, TRITC and Cy5. Laser wavelengths include 405, 488, 561 and 640 nm. Also equipped with an Okolab CO2 stage incubator for live cell imaging.
- EVOS FL Auto Cell Imaging System with EVOS Onstage Incubator The EVOS FL is capable of live cell imaging, area scanning, image stitching, and time-lapse imaging. In addition, the EVOS Onstage Incubator is an environmental chamber that enables precise control of temperature, humidity, and three gases for live cell imaging under both physiological and non-physiological conditions. Available Light Cubes: Dapi, TagBFP, YFP, CFP, GFP, RFP, Texas Red, Cy5, Cy5.5. Available Objectives: 10X, 20X, 40X, 40X coverslip corrected, 60X oil.
Molecular Biology Core
- BMG Labtech FLUOstar Omega filter-based multi-mode microplate reader
- AutoMacs Pro/Gentle MACS Dissociator
- BioRad ChemiDoc MP Imaging system
- Alpha Innotech Flurochem FC2 Imaging System
- Applied Biosystems StepONE Plus qRT-PCR (X2)
- FlowJo Single Cell Analysis Flow Cytometry Work Stations (X2)
- The Agilent 2200 TapeStation System (automated DNA, RNA, and protein analysis)
Additional College of Medicine Core Facilities
Video descriptions of these and other UAMS core facility services available to CMPHIR investigators are described by each core director on the Research site.