Weekly Conferences in the Department of Neurosurgery include:
- Residents’ Basic Sciences-Clinical Correlation Seminar
- Didactic conference held weekly on Tuesday mornings at which time we discuss basics of neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, neuroradiology and neuropathology.
- Gamma Knife Conference
- Weekly conference on Tuesday mornings in conjunction with radiation oncology for the evaluation and preparation of Gamma Knife therapy on a select population of patients.
- Neuro-Pathology | Radiology Conference
- Multidisciplinary conference held on Thursday afternoon in conjunction with the neuroradiologists and neuropathologists. At this time we discuss prior patients from preoperative planning to final pathological staging in a case by case basis.
- Multidisciplinary Conferences
- Encompasses a variety of neurosurgical topics including surgical spine, epilepsy/functional, neurovascular and neuroendocrine and pituitary conference. These are held Tuesday afternoon and Thursday morning.
- Preoperative Conference
- Weekly conference held on Friday afternoon in order to discuss the upcoming week’s cases amongst residents and staff.
- Neurosurgery Journal Club
- Held monthly
- Morbidity and Mortality Conference
- Held monthly
In addition, visiting professors are scheduled monthly, and mini-symposia are held several times a year. All faculty and all resident physicians are expected to attend these conferences. UAMS sponsors various campus-wide conferences, including medical and surgical grand rounds, neurological conferences, neurological rehabilitation and neuroendocrinological conferences, at which attendance is encouraged.
For more information about any of these events, please call 501-686-5270.