Resident Annual Salaries for 2022-2023
Stipends for residents are competitive with other state schools in the southern region.
- PGY-1 $55,123
- PGY-2 $56,724
- PGY-3 $58,681
- PGY-4 $60,851 (F-1)
- PGY-5 $63,340 (F-2)
- PGY-6 $66,116 (F-3)
- PGY-7 $68,445 (F-4)
- Professional Liability
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Long Term Disability
Counseling and Psychological Support Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Outpatient Mental Health
- Inpatient Mental Health
- Alcohol/Chemical Dependence
- Residents receive 21 days of paid vacation each year, plus 5 additional vacation days during any one given year to provide time to interview for fellowships or future employment.
- Residents have a maximum of 12 days during each year of the residency program.
American Board of Radiology Dues
- The Department of Radiology will pay the resident’s ABR annual fee (currently $635). Annual fees are charged for every year you are in the initial certification process, beginning with your first year of residency. If you do not fully pass the Core or Certifying examination on the first administration, additional exam fees will apply.
- The ABR will send your annual invoice in January of each year, as long as you are in the certification process. The fee amount is subject to adjustment by the ABR each year. All fees are nonrefundable. Fees must be paid on your “myABR” account.
- The Department of Radiology will fund up to $1,500 total per year and give professional leave time for those residents who are the first author on a paper or poster that is presented at a meeting. Arrangements must be approved by the program director before travel plans are made.
Radiologic Pathology Course (AIRP)
- All residents in our program are expected to attend the 4-week American Institute for Radiologic Pathology (AIRP) course. The department pays your AFIP tuition and reimburses living expenses up to $1,500. The department pays your salary and benefits while away at the AIRP course. Time and money designated for AIRP may not be used for other purposes.
- Reimbursement for travel and meals will also be provided.
Board Review Course
- The Department of Radiology will send 3rd-year residents to Board Reviews before the core exam, either physics or diagnostic or both (not to exceed $2,500).
- Free parking
- Meal tickets for in-house call
- Laboratory coats furnished