The deadline for receipt of abstracts is March 6, March 2023 at 11:59 p.m. You will be notified if your submission has been accepted by March 15, 2023.
Guidelines for Submitting an Abstract
- The abstract must be submitted online and no more than 2000 characters.
- Types of abstracts – Case reports and series, original research and quality improvement projects
- All abstracts must include a faculty member from the Departments of Internal Medicine or Geriatrics.
- Each individual can submit only one case report as first author, however there is no limit to research abstract submissions.
- Those individuals who had an assigned research elective are encouraged to submit an abstract of their accomplishments.
- Abstracts presented at either regional or national conferences after June 2022 are eligible for submission.
- New research not yet presented is encouraged. Presentation at the research symposium does not prevent you from submitting to other regional or national conferences.
- An automatic confirmation email will be sent to you. If you do not receive an email at the email address you provided on the abstract submission form, please contact Lana Abusalem at LYAbusalem@uams.edu.
- All submitted abstracts will be judged for participation. If selected for oral presentation a poster location will not be assigned.
- If you don’t want to be considered for oral presentation, please opt-out while filling the abstract submission form. Residents who have not yet submitted their QI project cannot opt-out of the oral presentation.