…enjoy a balanced lifestyle in a fun, affordable city.
…form a supportive, tight social group, so the training experience is collegial rather than competitive.
…have rigorous but not overwhelming training due to our Department’s emphasis on work-life balance.
…enjoy one-on-one teaching that our staff-to-resident ratio allows.
Life in Little Rock
Life in Little Rock means enjoying the beautiful natural settings, hospitality, easy commute, and affordable cost of living associated with the South.
- Little Rock provides something for everyone from the arts, history, sports and outdoor adventures.
- Focal points in the city include the Clinton Presidential Center & Park, the nearby world headquarters of Heifer International, and the Central Arkansas Nature Center. In the vicinity you’ll also find the family-friendly Museum of Discovery, which features an interactive indoor playground for young and old. A ride in the streetcar will take you through the River Market District.
- The arts flourish in Little Rock, Arkansas with the gallery at the Arkansas Arts Center, offering free admission and housing one of the most-acclaimed collections of works on paper in the country.
- In addition to learning about history at the Clinton Presidential Center, some of the other historic sites include Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site, Historic Arkansas Museum, Old State House Museum, Mount Holly Cemetery and MacArthur Museum of Military History.
- Little Rock has plenty for outdoor lovers as well with great weather and numerous city parks offering running/walking trails, bike paths, fishing, private and public golf courses, sports facilities and picnic areas. The Little Rock Zoo is a treat for families seeking a leisurely and scenic stroll. Just to the west of town is Pinnacle Mountain State Park, a facility close to town, which everyone likes for its birds-eye view of the city from its summit as well as a variety of nature trails around the base.
- In addition to local sights and sounds, Little Rock is a great jumping-off place for day trips and long weekends to explore other points of interest in the state. Bentonville, in northwest Arkansas, is home to America’s premier art museum, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. New Orleans, Memphis and Dallas are all just hours away and can be explored over a long weekend.