Little Rock is the state capital and largest city that makes up the Little Rock – North Little Rock metropolitan area. It is a diverse, family-oriented city of roughly 700,000. There are many well-established and vibrant neighborhoods that the majority of our residents and physicians call home, including Hillcrest, The Heights, Capital View-Stifft Station, Cammack Village, Quapaw Quarter, and many others.
The area is rich in culture, offering regional and local theatre, museums, a symphony orchestra, art galleries, multiple music, film and literary events, and activities that appeal to everyone.
Looking for something else do do? You will find it at in the River Market District. Choose from a four-star restaurant or sit back and enjoy locally brewed beer and gourmet pizza. Spend a Saturday morning with the family shopping at the Farmers Market and make sure to stop by the Museum of Discovery on the way home.
Little Rock is packed with fine dining establishments and live music venues. Sports enthusiasts enjoy miles of running and biking trails from which to view the fantastic, unspoiled nature of our state.
To learn more about our city and state, visit the following sites:
- About Little Rock (UAMS GME page)
- City of Little Rock
- Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Arkansas: The Natural State
- The State Parks of Arkansas
Little Rock offers the outdoor enthusiast a variety of activities, including:
- The Arkansas River Trail – offers 24 miles for pedestrians, cyclists, and rollerbladers
- The Big Dam Bridge – extends the Arkansas River Trail by 14 miles
- Pinnacle Mountain State Park – just a few miles from downtown Little Rock, offers hiking trails, canoeing, and scenic views
- A number of great city parks
If you enjoy the arts, Little Rock has a wide variety of activities for you.
- Arkansas Symphony
- Ballet Arkansas
- Arkansas Repertory Theatre (The Rep)
- Argenta Community Theatre
- Arkansas Arts Center
- The Hearne Fine Art Gallery
- Arkansas Studies Institute
The Little Rock area offers a vast variety of family fun activities.
- Magic Springs and Crystal Falls
- City parks
- Museum of Discovery
- The Little Rock Zoo
- William J. Clinton Presidential Library and Museum
- Heifer Village
- Old State House Museum
Within a few hours, you can reach any corner of the our state, where you will find more family fun, cultural, educational, and outdoor opportunities.